- Kongs (original, Kong Stuff-a-ball, Kong Biscuit ball, Dental Kongs and more)
- Kong Time Dispenser so you can leave up to four loaded Kongs for your dog to be dispensed at set intervals. This gadget costs over $100!!
- Busy Buddies, including Squirrel Dude, Twist N Treat, Chuckle, The Waggle, The Groove Thing and Foot Small (their names are clever!)
- Triple Crown Everlasting Fun Ball (one of Norman, the poodle's favorites because he can squash it in his mouth)
- Sterilized bones, both stuffed and unstuffed (I put peanut butter in them so it's hard to reach)
The picture above is of my cocker spaniel Vino and his Waggle Busy Buddy. He's been trying to get every last morsel for the last hour. He whines and growls so much I had to finally take it from him. I think he's about to lose his mind! The poodles were done with their sterilized bones with treats and kibble stuffed in the middle in about 5 minutes. Not Vino! He won't give up. There are fronds at the end of the toy to keep treats from easily falling out and I even cut them shorter so it wouldn't be so hard for him. There must be a larger treat stuck inside.
I don't leave my dogs home alone all day. Luckily I have that flexibility. But there are times when I just want to watch a movie and not have dogs wrestling in front of the television. That's when I bring one out from my arsenal of "interactive" or chew toys. Looks like I need to re-think my strategy: something harder for the poodles, and something that won't make Vino obsessively crazy.
What's in your arsenal of dog entertainment gadgets?